Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hi, Mom, What's Wrong?

Well, I finally had a dream about my mom.

Actually, the dream was not about my mom at all. It was about one of my children getting run over by a big truck backing up on the street where I (and also my mom) used to live.

I couldn't see what happened. But I could see my family crossing the street behind this truck, and I heard shouts and cries as I passed and turned the corner. I looked in my rear view mirror, and some of my family members were kneeling down on the street. So I knew something had happened, but I didn't know what.

Trying to get back there quickly, I got in an accident of my own.

Then the dream shifted and I was trying to put my children to bed and they kept getting up. When I thought all was finally taken care of, I could still hear one child crying.

I got up to see about that and passed through a big hotel-type lobby in the house in my dream that was my house. (No, I do not actually have a big hotel-type lobby in my real house. In case you're wondering.)

A woman came into the lobby and took off her sunglasses.

It was Mom.

She rushed over to me and embraced me.

I woke up. It was 1:29--the birthday of the child I worry most about. The one who can't seem to stop "crying" no matter what I do. The one who is hurting the most and has been hurt the most.

I cannot believe that Mom's coming to me at exactly that time is not somehow about him.

Then I really worried--why was Mom rushing to my aid just then? Had something happened to him?

I could not go back to sleep.

I finally decided that it was her way of showing me that she is with me in my quest to make things right with and for him.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting dream! I like your interpretation that she is with you in your quest to help your child.

    ReplyDelete